Touted for their ability to prevent the signs of skin aging, wrinkle creams have been the subject of scrutiny not only by skin experts but also among people who are using these products. But as for their promise to make your skin look younger, it would depend on the amount of active ingredients present in the bottle.
What Can Wrinkle Creams Do to Your Skin?
Wrinkle creams are largely moisturizer-based products. Their promise to consumers is the delay of skin aging which is done by masking, reducing or preventing the appearance of aging signs.
But what do the best wrinkle cream Australia really do to your skin? The answer lies in the active ingredients that the bottle contains.
- In most wrinkle cream formulations, retinol is present and plays the significant role of reducing pores and fine lines. Infusing wrinkle creams with retinol make it a very potent anti-aging product. It can improve the texture of the skin, prevent hyper pigmentation and reduce fine lines. The best time to apply products with retinol is during night time since this ingredient is photosensitive. It is also important to note that these products must be used in moderation especially if you happen to have sensitive skin.
- These substances are added to formulations to combat wrinkles because they are effective in protecting the skin cells from free radicals. These unstable molecules can cause damage to the skin. The presence of antioxidants can counter the negative actions of free radicals thus keeping the skin structure healthier.
- Alpha hydroxyl acids (AHA)
- Also commonly known as chemical peels, alpha hydroxyl acids (AHA) help minimize the appearance of wrinkles by shedding off dead skin cells. As a result, new skin cells are formed and exposed. The exfoliation of the epidermis makes it possible for the skin to look younger and have a youthful glow.
- Vitamin C
- Because of the many advantages that vitamin C can offer to the skin, it has become one of the most commonly used ingredients in wrinkle creams. A combination of vitamin C and the other active ingredients can promote the skin’s healing process and restore skin health when used regularly.
- The ultraviolet radiation from the sun is one of the major culprits of wrinkles and other signs of skin aging. This is the main reason why most wrinkle creams never fail to include this ingredient in their formulations. Protecting your skin from further damage is easier to accomplish than repairing the lines that would show on your face.
A Wrinkle Cream That Really Works
Indeed there is a great demand for wrinkle creams these days despite the fact that their effectiveness still remains in question. Skin experts may say that traditional moisturizers could already provide you with the benefits of most wrinkle creams. And some folks criticize these products because some brands bear huge price tags while doing just as much as moisturizing your skin. But even if many people have doubts on these so-called age-defying miracles in a bottle, still many people patronize wrinkle creams in the hope of getting back the youthful appearance of their skin.